Thursday, March 4, 2010

Felt mushrooms

I made some felt mushrooms for the girl's kitchen food collection last night and was surprised at how well they turned out. They were very simple to do although a bit time consuming as they were fiddly (for me they were anyway, someone with sewing experience could probably whip through them! :-D). I freecut the first mushroom shape and used this as the template for the others - it's not perfect but that kind of adds to the organic nature of them I think. The mushroom bag is just rectangles of felt sewn together (double sided for strength) with freehand cut letters which is why they look so dodgy hehe.

WE USED:
* felt - brown, cream, green
* Embroidery thread and needle - brown, cream, green
* stuffing (I used the filling from an old cushion we had)



No comments:

Post a Comment